Saturday 10 August 2019

Bocage



Thanks to the guys at Little Wars TV who put up this very helpful video, I threw out my old wire-&-flock trees and replaced them with pinned twigs topped with loose general-purpose rubberised moss. I then followed that up with some cannibalized towels and hey presto! I have some nice bocage country!

I cut the towels into small strips, then dyed them olive green. After they'd been rinsed out with cold water, I put them through the washing machine for an hour at 40c. This pulled their fabric apart just enough to make the chaotic bush like appearance. After I'd seperated all the strips again (which took a while), I then folded each strip, then glued them together in pairs to make hedgerows segments. Each segment is held in place with a pair of 26mm pins - or a special 'bocage tree' which has a longer pin sticking out the bottom so it can hold the hedgerow to the underlying foam matt. 

Next up, is to make hills and undulating terrain using the foam panels - that should be nice! 

-

No comments:

Post a Comment